Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Dream Revisted?? Or Deferred??...


Wassup guys ...
So...I just got off the phone with someone i just met that lives out here, and you know as we were talking, i told him a little on my reasons from moving to NY to ATL ..which of course includes..Entertaining and he immediately goes 'Well why did u move here isnt the place for that kind of stuff in NY..the most jobs youll get out here is a REUNION for 112 or backup for JANET.." and I dont know why..but it really got to me for one quick second. So now im sitting here asking myself "Did i really make a mistake in moving here?? shud i have stayed in NY?? I mean look at whats going on right now...I still dont have a job, no source of income whatsoever, my savings are getting low, I have no place to call my own place, and though i took a class and had fun i mean lets be real...u really dont hear people commin here to dance or Entertain for that matter, esp if they lived n NY. they either come here for "better living" or "the o SOOOOOOOOO overrated Gay lifestyle", some even come "looking for love"..so did i really make a mistake??? To answer this question, i have to first go back to when i decided to move out here.....back into my thoughts when i was making this BIG decision. I swear people, i thought i was bugging because my cousin had suggested first for me to move down here and i immediately turned the offer down saying that NY was the best place for me and i could never move away from it to a slower , lifestlye. Then ...its like i kept hearing these voices (NO I AM NOOTT CRAZY PEOPLE CALL IT SIGNS)...telling me that maybe that move wouldnt be so bad...I mean look at the videos..look at the commercial artists now where are they comming from ...U guessed it right, the south. Who originated snapping fingers, how about the Radio killer...how about Ciara, C. Brown. Janet...where do they get their dancers from...and then i thought more and more into it...N just think: Would you rather move to a place that is growing into a prosperity or live in a place where u tried and tired but it getrs harder and harder because your in a zone where everyone all over the world comes to make it in? Then i talked it over with my BFF;s and they all told me to do it...esp being that all of them are in the ent game they told me it just fits me more...And so I made that decision to think outside the box and I came here...I know i may not be the most religious man in the world,(man sometimes i preach against what is preached ) But i have a relationship with God, and I cant explain it, but it was like he was telling me to follow the path that leads me out here....and when i think about giving up...I swear i hear someone telling me n my head not to give up...telling me to stay strong...telling me that ima be alright and my dreams will come true...But in reality im no where right now but on my cousins couch...scared, frustrated, broke, lonely, and confused because Im not sure if this bold move was a logical one..SO guys..is my dream really revisted...or is it deferrred...What happens when no one else can see the vision that you see??

This is A.E. signing off

2 comments:

Keith Jones said...

Well I feel you in this honest open blog. I know a lot of people that have moved to the south for a better living. It is without question that ATL is a growing major city and you are trying to get a piece of that pie. I must ask though what exactly are you looking for and by what means are you pursuing these goals?

A.E. said...

To pursue my career in Entertainment.