Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The American Dream...


Wassup guys Im back with another thought...

And so...it has officially been three weeks since I did my great big move and still I have no job, im running out of money, and I can relate to anybody right now when they say they are STRUGGLING. This really sucks, I guess the economy is that bad, and what sucks is that I literally feel the deflation. Time after time, day after day, application after application, and resume after resume, i have been on my ass trying to find a job. And day after day, i have doors slammed in my face by people who would appraise me if I still lived in NY..but this isn't NY and it is soo hard to make it more and more day by day. You see....I guess i was a firm believer of the American Dream, you know the part where they say you go to high school, you then graduate and go to college where you can obtain a degree and get TO get a good paying job so you eventually own a home, property, and have a good life.
Bullshit.
I am now a 22 year old college graduate with a Bachelors in Sociology, with no experience because none of my advisors told me an internship was necessary to make it, and now this is why i am going thru what I am going thru. I realize at this point of time, my life sucks. I cant even get a retail job because of this failed economy, and with all of this said it looks soo much good right now that sweet deal that they offer you in NY...because there someone will always want fashionable advice...there someone will always hav a childrens center thats looking for staff....there will always somone wanting to dance or a undercover artists looking for someone to dance..There i wouldnt need a roomate like i do now...there the grass would be truly greener HOWEVER..I dont wanna get robed again like I did..i dont wanna be on high defense everytime I walk home..i dont wanna pay for overpriced apts and cost of living...and more importantly, I dont wanna be in a place where I been all my life ...So what's a guy to do..Does he just swallow his life dreams and go back to what he knows...or does he take the road less traveled and stick it out because he knows deep down there will be light at the end of the tunnel....or so he hopes???????My present situation is really bothering, and yesterday it got me to my weakest point...and as I was walking from yet another rejected opportunity..I broke down in the streets of Atlanta..Yup I did I cried and cried and fucking cried because I never knew it could be this hard. I wasnt prepared for this type of lifestyle..I thought this was the only shit I would c in movies...well i was wrong. And when it rains...it truly pours because today as I was with my cousin learning how to drive..i done mess around and ran into a pole which caused about 4,000$ in damage to her car...So you can forget the icing on the cake that was the fuel to the fire held on my ass.....Got damn it likes I cant get a brake. So im really feeling like Danity Kane song Is anybody listening ???Cause right now i ned a helping hand in each and every way. Pray for me


this is a sad A.E.....signing off

No comments: