Saturday, October 25, 2008

Noahs Arc ...GIving hope


So this is me, A.E., hitting u with another fact of reality in my world


Last night, me and a couple of my close friends went and saw the movie Noah's Arc; Jumping the Broom". After waiting in line for what seems like forever, and dealing with a bunch of not- so- happy homosexual men of color lol, We finally was seated in a o so freaking hot theater with Coronas and popcorn( lmao who drinks at the movies??). Anyways, that movie was freaking GOOD. I thought it was going to suck because the show only went on for two seasons, BUT its a good thing Im not paid for my thoughts because that I be a broke man right now. It was certain things that I found to be too extreme (im not going to spoil it), but overall it was a really positive movie (just like the show) for all of black gay men to see. After viewing the movie, me and friends decided to hang out and chill, but in the back of my mind, a question lingered from the movie; Can it be that us gay men are ment to have a happily ever after with someone we love? I mean im bout to put you up on real talk. In the white gay world, i know most of those gay men have forever, it is seen on TV everywhere. But as for us in the gay black world, forever or even a little portion of it seems to be a distant fantasy that we all crave for, whether most of us wants to admit it or not. As seen in the movie, some of us may go around and sleep for the world for the benefit of not only sexual pleasure but companionship. Some of us may play the bitter cold hearted man (yeah thats me lol) who continuously down plays love and says it could never happen to them, but deep down inside we want just as bad as the ones who want to fall in love quick, the ones who wear their heart on their sleeves. And its movies like that that install just a little bit of hope in us to not give up on God's greatest gift.....BUT....Most of us gay men of color think like me, and because they have a love story that went wrong to search for another being to possibly share their lives with is not quite something on thier to-do lists, or maybe, because the society puts so much stress on us about our lifestyle and who we love, it takes this negative influence that tells us that happily ever after will never be granted because we are living a life of deviance. ....Deep shit huh? Well, this lingered in my mind and Im really glad for that movie comming out, maybe it will undo some psychological damage that is already within us, and like it did with me last night, it will relight some of the hope that we can have a longtime love in our lives. Non judged, non hated, just love. Ok thats all i have to say




This is A.E., signing off

1 comment:

Keith Jones said...

I really want to see this movie, and from your review its definitely a must see after I go see SAW V, lol.

What you speak is true. It is a sad deal that black men, black gay men cant maintain a long healthy relationship. I hope this movie does open some eyes and take away some of the negativity that exists about black gay men.