Friday, October 3, 2008

Family Woes



Wassup guys...A.E. back again pissed the hell off and ready to smack someone......

Ok...you would think that being that I officially start work next week that things will be looking up right...Yeah right, more of the atl complex is still in full effect and iif its not one damn nightmare then its another one lurking at my fucking door. It is now the 4th of October and i still do not have a license or car to maneuver around Atlanta 's premises what so ever. I would like to believe that this is partly my fault because my mind was still occupied with different stress factors such as finding employment and a place to live aka plan B....But being that one of those pillars were knocked down another one that follows that must come into place. And so.....last week immediately after i was hired, I called the DDS place and scheduled and appt, but unfortunately like NY, about a million people figured out that driving is necessary out here and because of that I didnt get a date until the 23rd of October. Ok, well I need it a little sooner than that, so i was told that they have walk in appointments available .so....GREAT!! Maybe if i can get in there a little sooner and wait the wait I can get it earlier...So last week i brought the conversation up with the person who told me about the walk ins, my beloved cousin, and she told me ok...well we can go (this) week around Wednesday or Thursday in the morning and give it a try...sounds simple right..NOPE well if I havent realize this important lesson life, which is never rely on anyone to do anything for u, I wouldnt have expected the following things to occur..

1. This past tuesday while is preoccupied with my thoughts, my wonderful infant cousin wanted to see if my phone can swim, so she dropped my BLackberry Curve into the tub and ..well..killed it instantly...Her mother, Cara, tried to revive the dead phone but after seeing that it wouldnt work she dismissed it and oped to pay for it. BUT because im currently staying with her and because im not that much of a pain in the ass, I dismissed that notion saying that ill use her old phone until she can be able to purchase another one ..The money she told me she was gonna use to pay for my phone was put aside to PAINT her child's room and i didnt want to be a sour puss....And then when I asked my father if he could buy me a replacement phone, he told me yeah but ima keep pushing the money back for my car so i dismissed that notion 2 because as i said..that car is not something i want.its something I NEED and it seems that my NY parent dont understand that

2. So, wit that said I used her phone and life went on. The next day, she went head and brought the paint and stored it saying that soon enough we are gonna start the painting process. I didnt know the she would be immediately because 2 hours later...we started painting. Lol this is on a Wednesday, so maybe i thought thats she forgot about me and i brought up the situation again and she told me o yeah she would take me the next day....

3. And so I wake up the next morning and o...everyone is still painting around and stuff...ok well i guess I was forgotten about so i just sucked it up and swallowed it and hey i even helped out ...when it was brought up..at 2pm..i said forget it because its late...the place stops appts at 4pm, so whats the point?? Lol, so an option was presented to me stating that tomorrow morning Ill be taken. Cool...so last night I went out, had a ogood time and slept over my friends crib...reminding him that i have to get home in the morning because I have to meet my cousin early to get my license. He agreed because he had an interview the next day at 11 so...it was a good plan.

4. And so I wake up...it is Friday 10am and im on my way back to the house..had to persuade my boy to drop me off at the house cause he def. was gonna drop me to a bus stop, i get here at 1020..run in the house...and take a shower excited that today is the day...I hop in, hop out, and when i come out..my cousin starts painting again...Ok so i try to expedite the process and help her out a lil bit and guess when we finish...lol 2pm. So now Im on my way there and it seems as she was a lil reluctant to go with me, and when we get there around 230...it is a very long line....So as you know im aggravated. I skip the line just to ask about the road test, and the man looks at me and says "Look man, there is 20 people already in front of you, it best to just come back in the morning"....Go back to tell this info to Cara, and shes like " O well what does 20 people have to do with the wait? how many instructors are there??" so i go runnig around asking questions and hittin brick walls....the instructors dont wanna answr questions...the peple waiting are getting upset that i keep skipping, and th eline is getting longer so I purpose a suggestion for me to wait on line and my cousin to help me out and of course, reluctantly she agrees. and gos in herself to ask the question....She comes out and tells me "O yeah the lady said that its 20 people ahead of you and tomoro it is going to be 30 people in total so i dont think that thats a good idea either ....She said that it is just better if you was to make an appt because it secures your time and stuff"....ok.....So i get off the line and go home....mission is not accomplished yet once again



................Now im not a fan of the blame game because it doesnt change circumstances, but you tell me who fault was all of this happening??? The sad part is that u unlike NY, i have to find a car to do the road test in, and her car is the only one convenient for me. And it seems as if anytime I ask for a favor to be done for me without anyone's gain, it hardly or never gets done. So I come to the conclusion, depend on no one because when you do you will truly be fucked in the end. You want to know what else? Know that I am in a very compromising situation right now because for me to tell my cousin how i feel would be for me to get kicked out of the house with no where to live...isnt that sensational ?? lol this def isnt the first time that something like this has happened to me but I will be next to last. So Im just going to decide to humble myself and not say anything and keep my inner peace, though it is burning with anger and frustration right now. ..Im starting to think that my presence here is a bother and this is def. a place I cannot call home, but once again, Im always the one to extend my hand to anyone whenever they need it. i never put anyone on the backburner, but that must a family trait that passed me. In my family, it goes i come first and you come next, and I guess painting the house was waayyyy more important than anything I had to do so ill take it. Lol amazes me...when will this nightmare end ???



This is A.E......signing off

1 comment:

Keith Jones said...

Wow, talk about a rock and a hard place. Family can be so demeaning sometimes and take advantage of you. It seems that when you are o your own, you are truly on your own.