Wednesday, November 5, 2008

LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING


This is A.E. back with another thought...


As I opened my eyes this morning, I couldnt help but smile and rub my red eyes from the previous night. I havent slept actually..I was up crying and rejoicing at the same times...I was dancing and singing ..hell I was doing alot of things that just came to my mind because in my wildest dream I would never know one day I would wake up and be able to say:

I HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT ...

This goes further than Mr. Obama...this goes back to my ancestors, to the mistreatment of me and my friends because of our skin color, this goes to the mistreament of my mother growing up in segregated America..this goes to my great great grandmother who was a slave, this goes to the elders befoe my time who fought and fought for this experience to happen...this goes to that little guy that i seen on Tv who delievered a speech when he say that now he can say that he could be anything he wants to be because this man has been chosen by us to lead this country. For this quick moment..I stopped thinking abou tmy sorrows, about my lonliness , about my troubles that I face...About the fact that I have no Tv or that the second job i was supposed to get played me off...I forgot my homesicknesss...I forgot about even eating because I was so got damn happy that OBAMA won....Even writing about it now sometimes gets me caught up because We as a people have fought so hard and endured even more to live to see this day....I am a part of history now aNd I am happy ..I am happy.....I am happy...whoever reads this...Just know that I am a firm beleiver now...as he said in his speech..that dreams do come true and Got dammit Im gonna fight long and hard to accomplish my dream.....


Glory be to GOd for this event............


This is A.E. singing off.................................GOT DAMMIT WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT!!!!!


OBAMA!!!!! BLESS YOU

No comments: