Friday, November 21, 2008

Annoying A Town


Wassup Guys ..it A.E. again ...Sorry I must admit I have been gone for a lil while, but with the new move, working 2 jobs now(yay!) , and still trying to adjust you can say that I was a little bit busy lol. Things besides that havent really changed for me. I ment to write you when i went on a date that Sunday after Obama got eleceted so that i can tell you how much pleasurable it was..until a week later the guy who I on a date with turned out to be somebody who wasnt work mentioning so i decided to cancel my boast and proceed on with my lfie because he isnt worth lol. ..then I ment to write you the following week when I met another person who just sounded so genuine and so unique...and guess what?? soon as i was about to write in about him...Found out some things that even JL King will frown his face upon if u catch my drift...lol. so what brings me here...Fustrations, anger, sorrow, lonliness, hoplessnessm happiness, exhaustion, everything .... One thing in particular happened to me today..I was in the barbershop getting my first AtL haircut, and these dudes inside of their was ignoranr central. They bad mouthed everyone, including women, white folks, and of course homsoexuals. I find it amazing where this ignorance comes from, because the main people in ther conversations tried to imply history not realizing that they are preaching folklore. They said that us gay men cant call anything discrimination because we "choose" to be this way. LOl it took an act of Congress for me to keep my mouth closed and not flip out in there and set the record straight. Luckily it was a lady with her son that was on my page and she kept saying to herself "i cant stand ignorance", and i just had to agree with her. Im allergic to it. Now I see why some of my associates arent to thrilled about having a black man for president. TO think that the weeks preceeding and the day of the election, we all came together for one purpose, and I actually felt proud to be an African American....and when November 5th came, it was if none of these events took place, like the battery was taken out of us as a culture...we went dead. Why is it that we can come together as one for the major things, but the small things that matter we always have to be crabs in a fish bucket...I dont get it man i really dont...It makes me sad. And im officially tired of Atlanta right now, that ignoranance, the MEN, the public transportation, the retail work...Lord im holding on but sometimes i feel like im going to loose it. As Danity Kane sings....Is anybody listening? Can anybody answer my prayer?? Please say Yess.... This is A.E. siging off

1 comment:

Keith Jones said...

Wow its not just ATL its everywhere. Well maybe except for the MARTA thing lol. It is a shame that we cant come together on the small stuff. Its like my pastor said last week its not really the big things but the small stuff that matters. That applies to not only race but relationships and dating as well. I have sat in many barbershops (and churches) that have belittled gays, foreigners and women and your right its ignorance. Like Dr, King said nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity .